Looking to Submit a Research Abstract Instead?
- Analytics/Business Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Communication, Collaboration, Team Building Governance
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - DEI
- Enterprise Imaging
- Natural Language Processing/Reporting
- New Technology
- Patient Engagement
- Productivity & Workflow
- Quality Improvement
- Security & Privacy
- Sustainability (GPU, Cloud, etc.)
- Technical Harmonization
Methods of Presentation
All abstract presentations will be made in-person.
The three methods of presentation are:
- Oral – Single presenter in like-topic session. PPT 8-minute presentation + 2-minute Q&A
- Poster – Single or team presenters
- Demo + Poster – Single or team presenters (SIIM provides monitor; presenter provides laptop)
SIIM will not provide honorarium, nor meeting registration for Applied Imaging Informatics presenters. All travel and meeting expenses are the responsibility of the presenter(s).
- This is a blind review process, thus abstain from using institution and corporate names within the abstract. If accepted, you may update your abstract accordingly
- No more than 300 words in length. Please note: Figure/table captions, section headings, figure/table content, keywords and title do not count towards the 300-word limit
- FIGURES: Include up to two (2) figures and/or tables. Upload figures into the portal. Include captions below figures. (Files supported: .png, .gif, .jpg, .mp4, .pdf)
- Submission of Tables/Graphs is highly encouraged
- Abstracts can include links to supplemental materials, such as videos or websites. However, please note that the submitted abstract must explain the product in detail. Reviewers will not be expected to evaluate or use web-based application
Vendor submissions are not allowed in the Applied Abstracts Category
CME Presenter Statement
Regardless of institution or corporate affiliation, to ensure the meeting maintains its CME approval per providers rules & regulations, SIIM reserves the right to remove any speaker from the program before, during or after without warning should it be determined that they are overtly bias. All registrations and fees paid will be forfeited if presenter is removed. Presenter may still attend the meeting, but not present.
Your abstract will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Relevance/Interest to SIIM Audience [1-5]
- Clarity of Abstract [1-5]
- Innovation/Innovativeness of the Abstract [1-5]
- Metric Reproducibility and Importance [1-5]
Tips for a Successful Abstract
Examples of a quality/award winning research abstracts:
- Prospective Clinical Evaluation of the Miss Rate of Unassisted and AI-Assisted Radiologists for Detection of Pulmonary Emboli on Dedicated Chest CT Angiography
- RadDiscord Perspective on the Correlation and Predictive Power of Practice Questions with ABR Core Exam Scores
- MISAS: Probabilistic Medical Image Segmentation Neural Architecture
- Development of a Deep Learning Model for Whole Slide Image Analysis in the Histologic Diagnosis of Dysplastic Barrett’s Esophagus
- Can We Trust Saliency Maps to “Explain” Deep Learning Algorithms for Musculoskeletal Radiograph Abnormality Detection?
Resources for writing an abstract:
- All submissions must be made through the official SIIM24 Abstracts Portal
- When you click on SUBMIT ABSTRACT, you will be redirected to a SIIM24 Abstract Submission Portal login webpage
- You will be asked to Create an Account using your first and last name and your email address. If you have submitted previously on the platform, you may already have a log-in.
- Please note the new account you create is DIFFERENT FROM YOUR SIIM account.
- Make sure to save the new Portal account credentials, as they will allow you to log back in and track the status of your abstract once submitted, as well as make necessary changes until the due date of December 15, 23 at 11:59 pm PT
- It is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Firefox to submit your abstract. We DO NOT recommend using Edge or Safari, and definitely DO NOT use Internet Explorer.
For questions, contact Mackenzie Mercer at the SIIM Office: firstname.lastname@example.org