Thank you for becoming a SIIM Social Media Ambassador! Here are some simple guidelines as you navigate the world of social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Blogs, etc.) on SIIM’s behalf!
Rules of Engagement
- Disclose your relationship to SIIM
- Protect SIIM
- Use common sense when posting
- Be professional, transparent, accurate, honest, and authentic
- Be respectful and professional. Unprofessional language reflects poorly on SIIM and may result in liability for you or SIIM
- Read and accept the SIIM Statement of Professionalism (link)
- Use SIIM hashtags on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to follow and participate in conversations about various SIIM events such as the Annual Meeting, SIIMU, and CMIMI, etc.
- Unless approved by SIIM, do not include SIIM’s name or logo to your social media name, handle, and URL
- Write in the first person
- Consider adding a disclaimer to the “About me” section of your social media profile: “The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of SIIM.”
- Do not endorse a person or product on behalf of SIIM on social media accounts where your connection to SIIM is apparent
- Do not post any confidential information
- If you make a mistake, admit it, and apologize if necessary