2019 Global Exchange Winner
Kim-Ann Git, MD
Selayang Hospital, Malaysia
Dr. Git hit the ball out of the park at #SIIM19!
In addition to being selected SIIM’s first Global Exchange Program Winner, Dr. Git also competed in the Innovation Challenge and was awarded the $10,000 Grand Prize for the Ultrasound Annotation AI project.
About the Program
SIIM believes that striving for parity and bi-directional exchange are must-haves for a strong global health program. To that end, we are expanding our Global Ambassador Program to now include a bi-directional exchange. This will create a path for SIIM members residing in developing countries to receive funding for registration, hotel, and travel to the annual meeting.
- Live & work in one of the developing countries as classified by The World Bank
- 3+ years’ experience in imaging informatics
- Ability to pay for and obtain a US VISA no later than 60 days prior to the SIIM Annual Meeting
- Ability to travel to the US for the SIIM Annual Meeting and stay in the country for up to 14 days
- Submit a COMPLETE application
- Actively participate in the meeting with a help of a “SIIM Buddy”
- Educational & scientific sessions
- SIIMtech Expo visits
- Document the visit with photos
- Create a blog summarizing the trip and submit to SIIM Office within 30 days
- Promote SIIM and the Global Ambassador/Exchange Program in your local community and among your peers
- Become a SIIM Emerging Nations Member. SIIM will fund the 1st year of membership
Application for Global Exchange 2024 will open in November 2023!