Diverse Continuing Education Opportunities to Meet Our Diverse Attendees’ Needs
SIIM provides continuing education opportunities throughout the year to meet the varying needs of our membership. Each activity, course and/or event is individually accredited through joint providership.
SIIM Accreditation Providers
- Certified Imaging Informatics Professionals (CIIP) – SIIM in partnership with the American Board of Imaging Informatics (ABII)
- Physicians – University of Utah School of Medicine Continuing Medical Education Office to provide Medical Physics Continuing Education (MPCEC).
- Technologists – American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- Medical Physicists – Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs (CAMPEP)
- Enterprise IT Professionals – Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Managements Systems (CPHIMS), may use their SIIM continuing education credits towards the 20 credits designated in the other provider category for recertification.
- Clinical Informatics Diplomats – The American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM) recently launched a new Continuing Certification Program (CCP) with updated requirements for maintaining Board Certification. In the new program, ABPM Diplomates are no longer required to earn LLSA credit and may fulfill the CME credit requirement through the completion of any AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits. With the LLSA credit requirement removed, ABPM will no longer review/approve educational activities for LLSA credit.